Thursday, August 6, 2009

Week 36


Hello all and Welcome to Post-Natal Week 36,

Estella is now 8 months old. She will officially be 36 weeks on Sunday, 252 days old. Time flies! I started doing these updates a year ago when I was 20+ weeks pregnant. She is now just a wonderful little girl that makes my day, every day. 250 days young today.

So, there are some new developments in my lovely little girl. First, she has two new bottom teeth. I would say they first cut through about 3 weeks ago. I am so happy that they finally broke through so that she can sleep better now. Also, she has begun to "crawl". Well first she started twirling to get to where she needed to go. This is still her preferred mode of travel. She sits on her duff and just spins around to move across the floor. When you can get her to go on her belly in a crawling position she eventually just ends up on the floor pulling forward with her arms and using her feet as flippers. I think it's very cute and funny. Eric and I bought a very large area rug for our living and dining rooms so that when Estella is practicing her crawling she isn't doing it on the hardwood floors. It's also easier on mom's knees too, as I often find myself on the floor with her. Last weekend she mastered the Mamamamamama syllables and the next day she said Dadadadadada. Very cool. This past Tuesday when I picked her up from daycare she looked at me put her arms up and said "Mama!". I was so excited. It wasn't a continued babbling like she normally does with her syllables, but a pointed "Mama". How fabulous is that?! Then on Wednesday while she was in the daycare she pulled herself up into a standing position from a sitting one all by herself. The wonderful women that take care of her said they found her standing next to the other babies. She was very proud of herself for a few minutes and then started to fret because she couldn't figure out what she was supposed to do next and didn't think about just sitting down. Now she has pulled herself up on me for a long time and I usually give her a slight assist by moving my hands as she is trying to stand. This was the first time she did it all be herself. I am so proud!

Everything is going well on the family end too. I am still breastfeeding, although she is eating baby food as well. Between pumping and feeding it is still 6+ times a day. It's a commitment, and I hate pumping, but it is something that I will continue to do for a while longer. I would like to get to a year with the breastfeeding. It's still the best thing for her and I believe that it is one of the reasons she's been a healthy baby. This is not saying that she hasn't caught a cold from the daycare, but she hasn't been bothered by ear infections or anything too long term. Eric is working on some beautiful projects this summer. You should be able to check them out soon on his website http://www.ericokdeh.com .

Updates on Estella Likes and Dislikes: Top 5

Likes: 5. Taking walks in the stroller, 4. Being thrown in the air by Daddy (to Mommy's dismay), 3. Petting (hitting really) the cats, 2. Her toys. This week Glo-Worm is her favorite 1. Tickles and Laughs with Mommy and Daddy
Dislikes: 5. Getting her clothing changed, 4. Any delay in feeding, 3. Being put down for a nap when she isn't ready, 2.Teething, 1. Not being next to Mommy once we get home from work/daycare. She screams when I pass her along to her Daddy. We are dealing with a little bit of separation anxiety.


This is about all for now. I don't have much to report in terms of weight and height. I would guess she is around 16 pounds. I won't know for certain until her next dr appointment on September 4 when she goes for her 9 month checkup. However I do want to say "Hello!" to all the lovely little babies that have been born since I last wrote to you all. It's been a very active 7 weeks or so in my family and social circle! 4 new Mommies and Daddies with 5 Brand new babies! So wonderful. So congratulations to Sarah and Jorge, Jill and Danny, Julie and Mike for their little girls Mia, Julia, Mackenzie and Jocelyn (twins!), respectively, and to Michele and Jay for their strong little boy Jude. I am so excited for you all, and I am also very pleased that Estella is going to have such wonderful friends as she grows up!

Attached you will find a picture of her at 8 months.

Love to you all,
Desiree

No comments: